To remove the visor from your Zox helmet, first, place the visor at an upward position. If your helmet has a switch mechanism just underneath the pivot, you need to pull that first. Otherwise, just press the center of the pivot to make the visor pop out.
Why Remove the Visor?
Removing the visor may seem overwhelming if you are a new rider. But it’s far more important than you think it is! Here are three good reasons to remove a visor from its designated slot:
1. Cleaning or Replacing the Visor
Cleaning or replacing the visor is a sophisticated task that must be done with great care. Most of us tend to just dust off the front surface of the visor. You need not unscrew the visor from the helmet for such a quick clean. But occasionally visors need more detailed attention. In those cases, you need to remove the visor from its slot and give it an all-around gentle cleaning.
2. Cleaning the Supporting Mechanism
Some hidden mechanisms are underneath the visor itself. This mechanism supports the movement of the visor. Overall, these are important elements to keep the visor locked in place.
Dust and other smaller particles can hamper such movement. So, they need that detailed care. But to access those, you have to remove the visor first.
3. Cleaning or Lubricating the Visor Seal
It is recommended to lube the visor seal of your helmet in regular intervals. This will ensure a proper movement of the visor. Besides, the seal will be tight enough to stop dust from entering the visor.
This lubrication process has to be repeated once a week or, at least, when the seal feels dry. But to make sure of a proper application of the lube, you may need to detach the visor from its slot.
How to Remove the Visor From Zox Helmet?
Zox helmets come in varieties of models. So, the visor locking mechanism may vary according to the model. But the important bit is essentially the same. Here are some common steps:
1. Choose a relatively stable table or such plane. Don’t perform this operation on a wobbly table as this may damage the helmet. Furthermore, it can hurt you.
2. Clean the area where you are going to put the helmet.
3. It’s better to not just place the helmet onto your lap to unhook the visor. This position of the helmet can hurt you.
Helmets With No Switching Mechanism
If your helmet has no additional switch mechanism to guard the visor, the process is simple then. Just follow these steps:
1. Set the visor at the very upward position. Secure it against the top of the helmet.
2. You can find a big round button that acts as a pivot for the visor.
3. Place your thumb on that button.
4. Position the rest of the fingers between the visor and the wall of the helmet.
5. Pull the visor upward using those fingers.
6. The visor will eventually separate from its slot.
7. Repeat the same process on the other side.
1. Do not pull too hard. If the visor somehow jams at any point, let it go. Try afterward.
2. Press that button with enough pressure using your thumb. The visor will not buzz if it is not fully free from its slot.
Helmets With Switch Mechanism
1. Place the visor at the extreme upright position. Make sure that it is properly locked into its place.
2. Slide the switch downwards. You need to position the index finger on the switch so that it remains at the downward position.
3. Place the thumb (of the other hand) underneath the visor. At the same time, position other fingers on the top surface of the visor.
4. Using your thumb, slightly press the visor upwards. This will just displace the visor a little bit.
5. Pull the visor downwards using the rest of the fingers.
6. The visor will readily be separated from its slot.
1. As soon as the visor dislocates a bit from its designed position, slide the visor downwards. Do not tempt to pull it upwards and not try to separate it straight. This may break the pin.
2. Don’t pull it so hard. Rather you can try this with several attempts.
How to Position the Visor Into Its Slots?
Once you have performed the necessary tasks and relocate the visor into its previous place, the process is not that difficult. But you have to balance the movement of the pins. Eventually, you will master the trick.
Follow these processes to relocate the visor:
1. Position the visor at the upward position. (Almost similar to the removal steps. But this time the visor can move freely!)
2. Place the pins at their designated position into the slot.
3. Press the visor downwards.
4. You may need to move the visor a bit forward (towards the outer edge of the slot) and then press the visor downwards.
5. Repeat the same process on the other side.
Q: How to clean the visor?
Ans: You can use mild soap to clean the visor surface. This application can yield better results if the soap water is paired with warm water. Use your fingers to remove dirt or any spot on the visor. But don’t be too harsh!
Q: How to deal with mirror visors?
Ans: Mirror visors are undoubtedly cool! But setting these visors is not an easy task. You cannot see the slots while installing a mirror visor. However, if you are confident enough to set a normal visor, you can set a mirror visor too. The process is the same as the normal visor.
Q: How often the visor has to be cleaned?
Ans: It depends on the usages. But once a week is a good practice. Whenever you face difficulties seeing through the visor, it’s a clear indication!
If you cannot remove the visor at the first attempt, try several times. But do not apply too much force at once. Many bikers have trouble pulling the visor with adequate force. For this, removing the visor from the helmet may seem frustrating in some early attempts. However, you will get used to the process soon.